Friday, March 21, 2008

Different strokes for different folks

Lowell is a cagey vet: "I didn't sleep much on the plane, got to my room after 2 a.m., popped an Ambien and I feel pretty good today."

Matsuzaka is honest: "I'm a little bit jet-lagged. Sorry, I wasn't supposed to say that."

Drew is looking to excuse a slow start that hasn't even started yet: "It's going to be interesting. I don't think jetlag is overrated, not when you make this kind of a trip and then to back to spring training on the West Coast. It's a long time to be away from your family. We're going to play the hand we've been dealt, but it's a little weird to have games that count, then games that don't count."

Francona talks like a gradfather: “You know, what’s good, I feel like (expletive deleted) every day, so that’s what’s good about feeling like (expletive deleted) every day, I’m fine,”

Also:
TV/radio schedule for Sox in Japan
Lowell played in Japan as a 9-year-old
Some Sox pitchers visit a U.S. army base
Timlin injured pitching in Triple-A game
Matsuzaka's Japan homecoming bittersweet
The Mayor knew Sox' union would be solid one
Sean McAdam's travelogue from Fort Myers to Tokyo
Athletics looking for a few surprises against Sox in Japan
Yes, fans in Japan care about the A's too

No comments: