Friday, October 3, 2008

El caballito


The Slanch Report (via Deadspin) has a post this morning about Dustin Pedroia, whom TBS announced Chip Carey calls "el caballito" as if that was his Widely Accepted Nickname. Which it isn't. It was the first time Slanch had heard this particular name, but I heard it once before, back in May, also during a TBS game, and I remembered it because it's, I don't know, ridiculous and awesome? But I didn't hear it again until last night, when Carey apparently said, "How many times have we heard about 'el caballito' this summer?" which led Slanch to guess that David Ortiz might be just messing with Chip for everyone's benefit, a lá Darryl on The Office. I love the idea of this, and Chip would be the perfect target, so let's hope Big Papi is onto something here. But we're onto something here, too, off the baseball topic, on The Office...

1 comment:

Ben said...

See, I just assumed he was a reader of Pedro y Mi Abajo por el Estadio de Béisbol. And by that I mean he pasted your posts into babelfish. To wit: "Pedroia polvoriento: Lasers El caballito no hit'em a menudo, pero cuando él lo hace, ellos sale en una prisa. Consiga listo para la demostración del laser. Impactantemente, el Caballero' s la mayoría del laser famoso no incluso un laser, pero un tiro (véase: Ramírez, Manny) en el juego siete del ALCS. Y un qué tiro fucking era."